The rural territories are rich in resources (wind, water, wood, livestock wastes, farming) and they can get at least local energy self-sufficiency, respecting economic and environmental balances. The project targets the renewable energy sources for heating, cooling and power generation in the rural communities.
The project objectives are:
• identifying present status and future potential towards reducing CO2 emissions and primary energy demand;
• Compiling and evaluation best practice information from all over Europe;
• Development and implementation of tools and methods the resources and the energy needs assessments adapted to rural territories;
• Training modules for transfer and acquisition of know how in energy saving and equipment producing and using renewable energies for the companies in the South-East Region of Romania;
• Sustainable job creation in the rural territories, in the medium term;
• launching a promotional campaign addressing the awareness and attitudes of key professional groups through a variety of effective promotion tools such as conference and exhibition, the website, meetings, brochures, press releases.
Organisations with experience in the field of:
• Sustainable development;
• Energy planning;
• Energy production from renewable resources (solar, wind, biomass, geothermal energy and hydropower)
Organisations type: university; Research; NGO, SME involved in renewable energy, other;